Monday, May 31, 2010

Keep shining

Somehow, these three months had been a revelation for me. In terms of who I care
and would reciprocate, who I could really open myself up to and who could come to
me looking for a pair open arms and an open ear. In short, in terms of good friends.
The opposite of that? 酒肉朋友

Good friends do not mean that you meet this particular single one for 5 days a week
and he/she is your good friend. Quality, not quantity. You could be talking thrash with this
person for all of the days and everything is superficial. Or you could just be drinking with
him/her all night long and nothing goes right at all. There is nothing in depth about this
friendship at all. It is fun though to not care and bother about shit and just have fun. All in all,
I prefer quality sharing and meaningful talks. We do not need to meet up every week. We can
meet up once or twice every month and we update each other with what's going on in our lives.
You want to know more about your friend so you probe in a little and you share yours. We give
advices and opinions, we share our thoughts. That is quality.

I do not mind 酒肉朋友s at all. They are fun and we do not hold any responsibility to
each other because we do not know each other at all. However, they will remain in
that category. That's it. Till both of us open up if not we are each others' 酒肉朋友.

I have good friends who I meet up with every week and I love it. We would share our
thoughts, break down and cry or laugh our hearts out together. I have good friends
who I only meet once every month and we do the same. I cherish all of them and I
really hope they are my good friends twenty years down the road and they think the
same as I do.

No comments: